Pet Travel

Pet Travel Aberdeen

International Travel is now relatively easy for your pets to travel in and out of the UK without having to go through quarantine on their return to the UK.
The standard international travel document for pets is now the Pets Passport, which combines identification of the owner and the pet (through description and microchip number) with details of rabies and other vaccinations required. We can prepare these passports for you.

Full details of the Pets Passport scheme can be found at DEFRA.

If you are intending to travel with your pets, we strongly advise that you contact:

– the UK Department of the Environment (DEFRA) for any export requirements
– the airline or travel company for their specific travel requirements
– the authorities in the destination country for any import regulations

For travel within the EU, the Pet Passport is all that is required.

For travel to the US, your pet will need a Certificate of Fitness to Fly. For this you will normally need to book a consultation here within 5 days of your proposed date of travel.

For travel to most other countries, a DEFRA export certificate is required. You can download your application form at DEFRA Pet Export Certificate Application

We are happy to help prepare any of these travel documents for your pets as they travel around the world. Three of our vets are Official Veterinary Surgeons for DEFRA, allowing them to prepare and sign both Pet Passports and DEFRA export certificates for pet travel where required.

Useful Links: